Black Swan Student Ambassadors
Black Swan recently asked teachers to nominate students they believed suited to be student ambassadors for the company.
A Black Swan State Theatre Company Student Ambassador will receive the following benefits:
- Two complimentary tickets to the four suitable Black Swan performances in the 2013 season.
- The opportunity to create a pre-show event in conjunction with Black Swan for other students, such as an artist talk, behind the scenes tour, or meet and greet snacks function. This event will be outside of school hours and will coincide with a performance suited to their age group.
- Two complimentary tickets to the 2013 season launch, held at the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia on 24 September
- A complimentary two hour workshop for their school
- Invitation to attend any appropriate talks, events, discussions and other opportunities to engage with Black Swan during 2013
Student Ambassadors will be expected to represent Black Swan by introducing other students to the company, passing on show information, talking about upcoming events and encouraging them to purchase tickets to appropriate productions and student events.
After a careful selection process, which was particularly hard given the high standard of entrants, two students were selected. In a bizarre twist, both students are from Shenton College, Sarah Dyce and Harry McGrath, current year elevens who will be taking on their new role in 2013.
Teacher Jenni Ridgewell says, “Sarah Dyce and Harry McGrath are excited and honoured to have been selected as student ambassadors for Black Swan State Theatre Company. Sarah and Harry are an energetic pair of performers, and a terrific team who showed their talents earlier this year when they played the evil Queen's pair of mischievous rascals - Rag and Tag in our school production, Tony Nicholl's pantomime The Secret of Snow White. 'Oh WOW, Joy! Fantastic! Awesome! So exciting! It's a real honour, can't wait,' was their reaction to the news that they'd been selected. Sarah and Harry are fantastic students who are absolutely thrilled about their year ahead working with students from all over WA in sharing amazing theatre experiences at Black Swan."
Black Swan can't wait to work with our new ambassadors to create an exciting student event in 2013!